Wednesday, January 02, 2008

yellow split peas

Today I made a frog :: He's a big fat heavy frog, weighing 500g :: perfect door stop material!
he is made from jumbo chunky blue/green corduroy
with crazy needle point cord underneath!

I also finished off the thank-you cards I have been making to slip in with any orders I send out. I used double sided card/heavy papers which are meant for scrapbooking :: I folded over one end which I trimmed with pinking shears and I have left plenty of space for a hand written message.
I love receiving parcels from ebay or etsy but i always feel disappointed if there is no message, it's like the message makes the parcel last for longer...especially when there is a note, a business card AND a moo card !! It always makes the parcel feel a little bit more special to me, so from now on I aim to keep myself (and my packing cupboard) well stocked with parcel additions.
I'm off to order some moo cards...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

your parcels always look great, they are the best wrapped parcels in the world (I think). OOOH, I ordered some felt the other day, does that mean I'll get a fancy new thank you note?!

What a great idea for the frog...I have a pattern from Purl for a frog like that, I made one for my friends' baby, and another friend of mine wants a doorstop for her little boy....so I'm thinking frog pattern is coming out again!
That patterned cord looks like an old Libertys one, is it? (please tell me I'm not a geek and I'm totally wrong, please!!!!!)

peaknits said...

What a darling frog! And your shop is filled with adorable things!

Kitty said...

I feel really embarrassed ... I don't know what a moo card is *blush* .... goes off to google .....

Garden Girl said...

lovely frog- reminds me of a beautiful purple velvet one I had when I was little- was stuffed with lentils and I used to sniff it for hours! (possibly too much info!)I love your blog, and will definitely be back!

dragonfly said...

I just love receiving your parcels...keep up with all the added loveliness! I've even got my own moo cards - I just had to have some! I also got some stickers for a stocking filler for No.2.

Blooming Felt said...

MOO !!!!! I just got an email saying my very own Moo cards had been despatched today .... Hooray - I just can't wait to get them :o) Sarah xx
PS. I'm sure I used to have a beany frog just like that when I was younger.

BOBBLELICIOUS said...

I love reading your blog, always makes me feel inspired don't know how you find the time to make all the things you make, all the wrappings and stationary too.
I am so bad at being organised.
I make felt hair accessories and xmas decorations.
I LOVE YOUR FROG. x