Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

a whole year in one blog post ::
January
the year started with a workshop move around - and a new dedicated packing room

February
I registered for VAT
and launched two new kits - 
March
I launched my new website
made a LOT of bunting for John Lewis displays
and started selling fabric

April
I cut out trillions of flowers for my new sew your own flower packs
added new colourways to all my handmade items
and bought red drawers to hold all them all

May
saw the launch of The Stitching Sheds' new cross stitch kits containing my felt embellishments
a new tutorial for Jubilee Bunting
and a special order for bird brooches for a hen party
June
was holiday time - a week in Jersey with John
I added polka dot button mix bags to my shop
and moved half my workshop into  a new workshop space round the corner, dedicated to all things Kit making
July
was toothache month - culminating in root canal - OUCH
The RSPB started stocking my Woodland Friends Kit and a new, exclusive to them kit, Garden Friends
 I tidied the stock room (I do that a lot)
and I made a swimming pool for a baby seagull when it was really really hot on the roof
August
saw the launch of many new items & a freebie extravaganza to celebrate
lots of new kits, including the new sized Mini Kits
a new loyalty card was designed & printed & a new free gift was launched
AND after the biggest felt delivery ever my new 40% wool premium felt was launched !
September
said goodbye to the old rattly window and a big hello to the new draught proof easily open-able window
and I bought some new drawers (more drawers!)
October
 started with a mini holiday to Bridport for my birthday
and then it got really busy - many mini rolls were purchased (this is one day of orders worth)
the hand sewing orders were coming in thick and fast
the parcel sacks were getting too big to carry
and I made Christmas bunting for John Lewis!
November
was the busiest month for making kits - this is one order on it's way out
my new polka dot felt was launched
I stopped taking orders for handmade because the kits were taking over
and Royal Mail started to collect my parcels for me
December
the kit making carried on in earnest
I did a mini stock take because the website went a bit wonky
I started making handmade again
and Christmas orders and parcel packing continued to keep me very busy indeed
phew-ee, what a year!
goodbye 2012 - and a great big hello to 2013, let's hope it's a good one :-)

9 comments:

Kay said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Great job.

Pickled Polkadot said...

Amazing!!! Reading this really made me smile. It's so lovely to see someone doing well for themselves. May 2013 bring you health and happiness. Hailing x

Sweetcrafts said...

Happy new year Sarah!

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you and john!! you should be so proud of yourself - what a fantastic year!! may 2013 be all that again and more!! cheers!!
juliexoxo

sew said...

What a year!
I'm sure that 2013 will be another successful one and look forward to seeing what it has in store for you.
Happy New Year.

MummyCat said...

I know "inspirational" can get bandied about but you are amazing. You show just how much graft and drive it takes to make a success from a dream, How nothing worthwhile comes easy and how you have to always strive for more. 2013 is going to be good...

quiltercaroline said...

Congratulations on such a wonderful year. I hope that your business goes from strength to strength in 2013 and also you get a little time for you as well. C x

m said...

Wow! What a fantastic year. Here's to another one full of success and minus any toothaches :0) x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I haven't been by for a while. It's been lovely looking back at all you achieved last year. Your stuff is always gorgeous and I love the Garden Friends and the JL bunting :-)
Anne x