Friday, July 11, 2014

new trousers = sewing for me!

 I'm 5 foot 5and a half inches tall...not super short, but not tall at all...which means every single pair of trousers I buy is too long...even if I put on my heeled boots I still stand on the hems so summer sandals mean they need to go even shorter!  Today I squeezed in a bit of sewing time for me, and chopped 2" off my these new trousers (they are from Seasalt and I love them-my new very favourite trousers!) .... then I turned them up another 2 inches to make a nice heavy hem...I've pressed the hems but the rest will be ironed once they have been taken home and I can hang them up.
 First though, I have some buttons to count :-)

3 comments:

Love Leah said...

I'm 5ft 5 and a half too. I swear I was 5ft 6 when I was a teenager but I've shrunk! ;) x

Clareio said...

I'm 5ft 11 and every single pair of trousers I try stop at my ankles, I now wear mostly skirts!

Unknown said...

I am 5ft 1" (and a bit) so have the same problem. Although to be fair I can fit in kids Jeans lol :)